Wednesday, January 25, 2012

oh, my stars!

I was so graciously reminded of the beauty of the night here in Abaco. I had forgotten, due to living in the city for so many years, the depth, brilliance, and complexity of the starry sky. In the city, all the business and condo building lights and heights take the illumination away from the night sky, so we only get to see a few of them (if we are lucky).
Last night after running a late errand (5:45pm to get a bottle of wine at Tupp's, the neighborhood wine boutique) <insert: Brenda (owner, friend, sweetheart, wine connoisseur) was in her car about to drive away and opened the store back for us to get a bottle after a sweet hug greeting!>...we were invited for a drink at the neighbors house to tell stories and chat. Their back patio over looks the canal leading to the Sea of Abaco and when you look up...WOW. Amazing. I had just noticed this sight, when the neighbor turned off the house lights for gazing...and we all went silent with much appreciation for the beauty.  It definitely is a sight you have to see. I have always loved star gazing, even if I don't know much about constellations, planets, etc., but I know when I am in awe. I could sit for hours watching the stars sparkle, just as I can watching the ocean ripple and wave. And thank Goodness, I can do a little of that now...

No comments:

Post a Comment