Thursday, May 24, 2012

Two Months Later...and New Chapters

Wowzas, does time fly! Ben and I just celebrated our 2 month anniversary in a rental car, in airports,  and on a plane, traveling from Orlando back to Marsh Harbour yesterday. Yay for us! :)

I have felt so disconnected from my blog due to the busy-ness and distractions in our lives the past few months. I realized that I really need to be in "the zone" and be synced by balance, energy, and focus to fully give to this blog...and that has been hard in the last months. Wedding, Travel, Work, Sailboat, Celebration Party, Road Trips, People, Packing, Moving, etc. Crazy but fun times!  So I will work on catching you up and adding some pictures of our adventures. And I also have some GREAT news! Ben has started a Blog for "Lindita" and I will share that site with you once he publishes it!

Today has been a rainy day all the way (luckily actually!). We've been trying to catch up with "business and administrative" issues that are a part of life while we can. Name changes, accounts, bills, customer service calls, etc. It's hard to do when your mind is distracted with travel, logistics, fun, work, among other things! So these stormy days are definitely a great time to also catch up on the blog.

One of the things I've had insight on through all these changes in my life is how I see and experience my life in eras or periods... not in the sense of a teenager experimenting with hair colors, music, or clothing, but more as in chapters. Maybe you do the same, or maybe you can now.  It came to me through streams of thought consciousness as I was processing change and how I was coping. I've had more than several inquiries into how I'm coping with giving up things in my life, moving to a foreign country, selling my personal items, not having my career, etc.  So I've really had to think about it because I was just doing it without really thinking of HOW I was doing it.  One thing I've realized is that when a chapter is closed, it really is closed for me. I find that I have a fairly easy time letting it be over. It doesn't mean that I forget or judge it negatively. Is is what it is. It was what it was. and the time is now. not then.
I see this through my time at Flagler College. It was a 4 year period of freedom, escape, self-discovery, and independence. Most of the people from then are just a memory, besides the few keepers I still have. But I don't want to go back to that time and I'm fine to really never "be" there again- not necessarily because of regrets but because of the evolution of my own growth. College may be too simple of an example to think about "letting go" of, but due to the desire to keep some experiences personal, I'll leave it for you to think about your own eras you can relate to: long term romantic partners, places you've lived, sports you've played, stages in maturity, etc. It was what was for that time and it helped us evolve to where we are now: Necessary to the Process, but not to be returned to to live in or regret.
So as I've gotten officially married and made (and still are making) these changes in my life, that means that numerous chapters have ended and new ones have begun. I like that. I like change, although that grey colored transition period as the page turns can be pretty tough emotionally and psychologically. Thankfully through acceptance, hope, trust, and support from others~ experiencing that space has been less difficult than other times have been... Much love to those of you close around, and especially my husband for letting me be stressed and cry in times of grey.

No comments:

Post a Comment